Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 2/52

I'm playing catch up right now with this whole 52 weeks project. I started the photo part on time but didn't think about blogging it until just recently. This week was inspired right before christmas when I went to go buy some flowers for a shoot. The shoot was a set I was doing inspired by the TV series Dexter. I bought some white flowers and dropped "blood" onto it for some pretty sweet macro shots. I went in to buy the flowers and the store owner of Keefe's Flowers in Casper, Wyoming said I could come in whenever I wanted to take some photos. I jumped at the opportunity, going to the shop just a couple weeks later. They allowed me to go in the cooler and take whatever shots I wanted. I probably spent 45 minutes in the cooler trying to get as many photos as I could. I tried to pick up a lot of color and cool tones but I ended up like a black and white photo the best. I was using Robin's(girlfriend's dad) Canon xTi with a 160mm Macro lens. I also had his speedlite(unsure of the model because I'm a Nikon guy) and I used my horrible sunpak tripod. Fortunately I am in the process of getting repair parts for my awesome Slik tripod. Well this is what I came up with!
Settings:Exposure-1/20s
Aperture-f/8
ISO-400

No comments:

Post a Comment