Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Fall


The Fall
Originally uploaded by Brad Perkins
Meghan and I decided to take a trip to Estes Park to see the changing leaves of the beautiful Rocky Mountain Park a couple of weekends ago. We were pleasantly surprised with the amazing weather. We had been there a few times before and it snowed both in fall and spring! As we drove up we saw nothing but small patches of changing aspens. We were losing all hope until we turned a sharp corner to see the most colorful hillside we had ever seen. I made her stop the car so we could trek over there to take these photos. As I started taking the first couple we noticed three other photographers coming down to the area. I decided I didn't want to share so we moved my gear up a bit and I started shooting into the sky. The images that showed up on my less than adequate LCD were extremely pleasing so we called it a day. Driving a little more left us with nothing other than a better view of the park.


Tech Talk:
This was my first time shooting in RAW so naturally I set my camera to duplicate with JPEGs. When I returned home I decided to import my photos into LR and two external hard drives that I keep in separate areas of my apartment(I don't have the availability of another location). I edited my photos and turned my computer off only to try and access them again later. When I tried opening them it said file could not be found. I'm assuming it is because the files weren't local so I have reverted to my import to C drive and duplicate later method. Until I can figure out a better method...this will have to do.

Anyways...shooting in RAW is absolutely amazing and I don't think I'll ever go back...especially with my new Nikon D7000 coming(2 memory card slots).

No comments:

Post a Comment